[antlr-interest] constant string too long

Pascal Parrot pascal_parrot at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 25 13:45:05 PDT 2012

Hello,
I have a grammar with many keywords (see attached for a made
up equivalent example). When compiling it, I get the following error:
"exampleLexer.java:16377: constant string too long", which points to the "_serializedATN" string.

There are a few messages describing the same(?) issue already:
http://www.antlr.org/pipermail/antlr-interest/2012-August/045042.html
http://www.antlr.org/pipermail/antlr-interest/2012-January/043770.html
I am using "ANTLR Parser Generator  Version 4.0b2" and the issue still exists.

Is there a plan to address the issue in  a future version?

Thanks,
Pascal