[antlr-interest] constant string too long

Sam Harwell sam at tunnelvisionlabs.com
Thu Oct 25 15:24:24 PDT 2012

My eyes are burning...

I entered a bug for this issue: https://github.com/antlr/antlr4/issues/76

Sam

-----Original Message-----
From: antlr-interest-bounces at antlr.org [mailto:antlr-interest-bounces at antlr.org] On Behalf Of Pascal Parrot
Sent: Thursday, October 25, 2012 3:45 PM
To: antlr-interest at antlr.org
Subject: [antlr-interest] constant string too long

Hello,
I have a grammar with many keywords (see attached for a made up equivalent example). When compiling it, I get the following error:
"exampleLexer.java:16377: constant string too long", which points to the "_serializedATN" string.

There are a few messages describing the same(?) issue already:
http://www.antlr.org/pipermail/antlr-interest/2012-August/045042.html
http://www.antlr.org/pipermail/antlr-interest/2012-January/043770.html
I am using "ANTLR Parser Generator  Version 4.0b2" and the issue still exists.

Is there a plan to address the issue in  a future version?

Thanks,
Pascal