[antlr-interest] Source positions for imaginary tokens

Jim Idle jimi at temporal-wave.com
Fri Sep 14 10:28:05 PDT 2012

That’s one way to do it and it can reduce the size of the generated code a
lot. I have done that when retro-fitting a SQL grammar that was not written
so well for instance. For the record, in C/C++ use gperf or cmph for this
(depending on keyword numbers).

However, if you build the keyword set first, then the keywordsAsID  rule,
you will find that that having to use that rule will guide you to a better
grammar for what should be obvious reasons.

There are some occasions where the language is so mad crazy that you can’t
beat it in to submission without a little lateral thinking – in those
cases, a honey badger may help J

Jim