[antlr-interest] ANTLR v4 status / website functionality moving forward - Ruby Target ?

Martin Van Aken martin.vanaken at 8thcolor.com
Tue Sep 18 23:33:56 PDT 2012

Hello Terence,
Thanks for the info, this is far better than nothing, and I like the
incremental process outlined there. There is still something I'm not sure
to understand : the String Template .stg file is used to generate the
parser/lexer code for the grammar. But those classes inherit from more
general classes in Antlr (in the java version, at least). Are those also
generated by the .stg ?

In other word, what about the runtime of Antlr, is it an output of the
.stg, or is it another part to implement to be able to have a parser
running under a given language (let say Ruby).

Thanks !

Martin