[antlr-interest] C in Honey Badger?

Jim Idle jimi at temporal-wave.com
Thu Sep 20 20:33:49 PDT 2012

That will be fine for those that can deal with all those dependencies, but
doesn't that rather limit the implementation platforms? I was thinking for
a while that I should have done an absolute minimalist C implementation
for v3 - perhaps there is room for this in v4 - don't implement things
that depend too much on target language stuff, just generate the raw
recognizer sort of thing.

I guess I can take a look at a C runtime, but this time, instead of
copying all the features of the Java version, so that people can moan at
me, just make it raw and down to the wire. The C++ implementation can then
supply all the features that 100MB of library dependencies can provide and
all the C++ programmers will be happy ;)

Jim