[stringtemplate-interest] stringtemplate 4.0.4 in maven repository?
hilco.wijbenga at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 19:54:34 PDT 2011
On 12 August 2011 16:37, Jim Idle <jimi at temporal-wave.com> wrote:
> Different namespaces, different artifacts. They must be able to co-exist
> in the same project.
Antlr and ST already were different artifacts? Or are you referring to
a different "they"?
Anyway, my concerns are more with the following:
1) artifact ids should be lower case (see );
2) artifact ids should not have embedded version numbers (unless
there's a *really* good reason for it);
3) something like string-template would be more appropriate, more
aesthetically pleasing, and also more noticeable (in alphabetical
order they're very close, unlike ST and stringtemplate);
4) this should never have happened with a micro release; changing the
artifact id is a very big deal;
5) why was this not announced?
I was very happy when Antlr/ST announced better Maven support but I
would not call quietly changing artifact ids as being particularly
Maven friendly. ;-)
More information about the stringtemplate-interest