[antlr-interest] merged Ric's changes into main ANTLR line

Christian Ernst christian.ernst at poet.de
Tue Dec 4 02:39:51 PST 2001

Hy Terence !

Terence Parr wrote:

> > 2. Cutting down the size of the Java Runtime library !?
> >     ( removing any dependicies to antlr/Tool class, adding a class for
> > string
> > manipulation ?!)
>
> oops... 1/2. ;)  I hadn't planned on doing that for this release.  Are
> you using a small device?  What string manipulation would you like?  I
> have lots of fun routines hiding in my jGuru portal code. :)

small is nice ;-)
there is a small difference between 340k jar ANTLR SDK
and a nifty small 65k ANTLR Runtime
if your application is only about 500k

The String Manipulations are only reorgarnisation of existing code
please see my post:
 [antlr-interest] ANTLR Runtime/SDK jar mixtures and suggestions

mfg
Christian