[antlr-interest] Antlr grammar to parse Java classfile?

Andreas Rueckert a_rueckert at gmx.net
Tue Dec 4 04:48:58 PST 2001

Hi!

On Die, 04 Dez 2001 Thomas Dudziak wrote:
> Hi,
>
> the major reason for not writing such a gramar in ANTLR would be that a
> lot of such libraries exist, most notably perhaps BCEL (Byte Code
> Engineering Library, formerly JavaClass, at http://bcel.sourceforge.net)
> which is quite mature.

I know. But it's quite big (a 350K jar) and I considered it a bit overkill for
my purpose. I checked a couple of other packages, but couldn't find a small one
with the limited functionality I need. And since we have the antlr jar in the
Argo package anyway (for the source RE), I thought a Antlr generated parser
might be a nice alternative. It would also mean, that we could reuse a good
part of the source RE code.
However, I'll take another look at the Antlr binary parser example and will
think about writing such a grammar, if nothing else pops up.

Thanks,
Andreas