[antlr-interest] Antlr grammar to parse Java classfile?

Robert renyedi at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 4 05:44:13 PST 2001

Hi!

The package I told you about is a part of a project that me and a friend
have done some time ago. It is a relational DBMS called Tomato
(http://tomato4j.hypermart.net/). It is written in Java and includes(besides
other tools) a (hand built) compiler for a custom language. It generates
.class files. The class file generator package is a small one but it offers
sufficient functionality.

Currently, the project currently is at version 1 (beta) and it is freeware.
The good news is that we intend to release version 2 as open source - with
the compiler rewritten using ANTLR and the database engine extended with a
JDBC driver.

The release date of version 2 is unclear right now. I know ArgoUML and it is
a remarcable effort. This is why I'm going to send you (in a separate mail)
the sources of the classfile reader/writer package. It might not be the best
thing around, but it could be enough.

Robert