[antlr-interest] antlr 3.0

bob mcwhirter bob at werken.com
Thu Dec 6 20:27:11 PST 2001

> I'll have to start a betting pool then. :-?

So, bet on a date that antlr-3.0 will be released by?

Tangentially...

With my day job, I'll sometimes get stretches of Copious Amounts of
Free Time.

I love antlr.  I'd love antlr-3.0.

I've hand-written several LL(k) parsers based upon Ter's methods,
mostly because of short-comings with Antlr (notable, size and
incompatibility with WebLogic's internal antlr.jar and Classloader
isolation bugs).

I'd certainly never want to compete with Ter, since he's the bonafide
parsing $DIETY.

Instead of us waiting for Ter to get the ball rolling on 3.0, maybe
let's pick up the slack (only with Ter's blessing, of course), and
start work on 3.0.

We all know the hard part isn't writing the code.  We can be bantering
around ideas, and floating designs.

Thoughts, anyone?

	-bob