[antlr-interest] Re: ANTLR Java Code Generation

Stdiobe stdiobe at enneya.com
Wed Nov 14 00:22:32 PST 2001

Christian,

as they say "the proof of the pudding is in the eating" so I decided
to give it a go. I applied your changes to ANTLR and tried it
on a very large grammar.

The result: instead of a size decrease the generated source file
increased from 1.7 Mb to 1.8 Mb. The class file showed a small
size decrease from 704 Kb to 701 Kb which is not significant.

I tested the generated parser on a very large testset, but couldn't
detect any performance decrease (or increase for that matter).

Sorry, but this one didn't work for me (but if you have any other
suggestions to reduce size or improve performance, I'm open to it).

Silvain