[antlr-interest] ANNOUNCE: new devel snapshot

Ric Klaren klaren at cs.utwente.nl
Thu Nov 15 05:43:14 PST 2001

Hi,

I just finished packaging a new development snapshot. Get it at:

http://wwwhome/~klaren/antlr/

C++ support library docs are at:

http://wwwhome.cs.utwente.nl/~klaren/antlr/support-docs/index.html

Changes:
- New configure script at toplevel. (probably needs some tweaking)
- New makefile setup. make install now works.
- Wrapper shellscripts 'antlr' and 'antlr-config' (probably need some
  tweaking)
- Some stuff rearranged for better inlining.
- Fixes for Metrowerks codewarrior (courtesy of Ruslan)
- Added warnings for labeled subrules. (and probably some more)
- $lookaheadSet renamed to $FOLLOW (and ported to sather codegen, hope that
  it works there)
- Ditched LA_k optimizations from C++ codegen. The minor issue I expected
  on release turned out to be somewhat less minor. Didn't want to bother with
  it since it was kindoff a hack anyway. We'll probably do this completely
  different in a new release.
- Checked over all C++ examples. Added makefiles for the lot of the them.

For as far as I'm concerned this can be integrated in the mainline and we
can start preparing for 2.7.2a1 release.

Cheers,

Ric
    ---- Ric Klaren ----- klaren at cs.utwente.nl ----- +31 53 4893722  ----
 Why don't we just invite them to dinner and massacre them all when they're
  drunk? You heard the man. There's seven hundred thousand of them. Ah? ..
           So it'd have to be something simple with pasta, then.
                 From: Interesting Times by Terry Pratchet