[antlr-interest] problem with literal match

Ric Klaren klaren at cs.utwente.nl
Thu Oct 4 01:05:44 PDT 2001

Hi,

On Wed, Oct 03, 2001 at 01:47:01PM -0700, mzukowski at bco.com wrote:
> Here's a bug I sent directly to Ter:
>
> > The lexer generator puts this line _after_ inserting everything into the
> literals table:
> >
> > caseSensitiveLiterals = false;
> >
> > Of course it needs to be before since ANTLRHashString depends on it to
> > calculate the hashCode. Doh!
> >
> > At least it's an easy fix.

It's fixed in my develversion right now. (Had the file open anyway since I
screwed something up =) )

> This was for the Java code generator, but I imagine the same problem might
> be in the C++ one.

C++ handles case sensitivity differently. But tokens should probably be
entered in lower case. Hmmm I wonder why it wasn't implemented like the
java version. I'll do some testing probably to be sure.

Ric
    ---- Ric Klaren ----- klaren at cs.utwente.nl ----- +31 53 4893722  ----