[antlr-interest] Newbie re: memory management on parse fail (C++)

John Green greenj at ix.netcom.com
Wed Oct 10 15:30:22 PDT 2001

I find it to be good. Some of our regression tests parse thousands of small
programs, taking an hour or so to do all of the parsing. No memory troubles.
I do watch it carefully, and I have used a couple of leak detection tools
against it as well.

With regards to errors: I haven't specifically watched the memory when we've
parsed programs with errors, but for what it's worth, I haven't noticed any
memory leaks.

The only memory trouble I have had: the hidden tokens weren't being cleaned
up after a parse, so I had to write my own functions for doing that clean up
job. But, you probably won't be using the hidden tokens (preserving
whitespace) feature.

Cheers,
John