[antlr-interest] Re: C# ?

Terence Parr parrt at jguru.com
Fri Apr 5 13:02:49 PST 2002

On Friday, April 5, 2002, at 12:44  PM, micheal_jor wrote:
> A few questions for you Ter if I may:
>
> 1. Is the debugging stuff intended for use while ANLTR itself is
> generating the Lexer/Parsers/Whatnots or is it for use with generated
> parsers?

Well, both I guess.  That's the problem with a tool written in itself ;)

The debugging stuff is used to trace events such as "rule matched" so
you can figure out what is going wrong in the recognition of your
input.  So, generated parsers is the best answer to your question.

> 2. In a similar vein, is ParseView for use with ANLTR or the stuff
> that ANTLR generates?

Doesn't work with latest stuff, but it's for generated parsers.

> 3. How does the debugging stuff work?. What is the thinking behind
> it. If anyone can explain it in enough detail, I'll have a go at
> fixing ParseView for 2.7.2a2.

Scott Stanchfield put that stuff in.  You might contact him at scott at
javadude dot com.

Ter
--
Co-founder, http://www.jguru.com