[antlr-interest] Re: C# ?

Ric Klaren klaren at cs.utwente.nl
Mon Apr 8 02:25:55 PDT 2002

On Fri, Apr 05, 2002 at 09:40:51PM -0000, micheal_jor wrote:
> > > 2. In a similar vein, is ParseView for use with ANLTR or the stuff
> > > that ANTLR generates?
> >
> > Doesn't work with latest stuff, but it's for generated parsers.
>
> What exactly makes it bad for the latest stuff?.

There's a patched version up at my antlr page:

http://wwwhome.cs.utwente.nl/~klaren/antlr/

It was some trivial stuff this version works at least on 2.7.1 but I
suspect it works on 2.7.2 as well.

> > > 3. How does the debugging stuff work?. What is the thinking behind
> > > it. If anyone can explain it in enough detail, I'll have a go at
> > > fixing ParseView for 2.7.2a2.
> >
> > Scott Stanchfield put that stuff in.  You might contact him at
> scott at
> > javadude dot com.

AFAIK it adds some extra hooks and data for a graphical grammar debugger
with which you can control the parse (single step, view lookaheads and stuff)

> Thanks. I'll sent our current 2.7.2a2 C# codegen port to you I think.
> This debugging/ParseView stuff might take a while....

I'd not put any time in the debugging stuff, at least it seems Scott
Stanchfield is not supporting it anymore, mails to him about the patched
version always went unanswered.

Cheers,

Ric
    ---- Ric Klaren ----- klaren at cs.utwente.nl ----- +31 53 4893722  ----