[antlr-interest] Can't build antlr-2.7.2a4-CSharp

Daniel Gackle gackle at shaw.ca
Mon Dec 2 22:13:28 PST 2002

I am trying to upgrade from the antlr-2.7.2a2 version of the C# codegen to
antlr-2.7.2a4.  I can't get it to build.  I've tried with 5 different
releases of antlr-2.7.2.a2 through 2.7.2.a6.  The most common error seems to
be:

  CSharpCodeGenerator.java:46: antlr.CSharpCodeGenerator
  should be declared abstract; it does not define
processActionForTreeSpecifiers
  (java.lang.String,int,antlr.RuleBlock,antlr.ActionTransInfo) in
antlr.CodeGenerator

Can anyone assist?  What version of regular antlr is antlr-2.7.2a4 C#
supposed to go with?

The reason I want to upgrade is because of the improved support for
heterogeneous ASTs.  Can anyone (Michael? :) explain:

  * what these improvements actually were;
  * what version they were added to?

I ask the latter because the version of antlr-2.7.2a2-CSharp.zip on the
website is quite different from the one I downloaded several months ago, and
most of the AST changes seem to be in it.  But I have only taken a
superficial look.

Thanks,
Daniel