[antlr-interest] Re: A couple of questions regarding literals and unicode

davidjpenton2002 dpenton at arrowsash.com
Fri Dec 6 14:18:28 PST 2002

Duh...now I feel silly. That seems pretty obvious.

I misunderstood what I saw in other sample grammars.  In grammars I
looked at to teach myself antlr, I saw that there was no *exact*
lexical rule corresponding to a parser literal in many cases.  But I
suppose that in such cases the *whole point* is that another (more
general) lexer rule matches the literal, thereby necessitating an
option to cause a check against the literal table.  Is that it?

I guess I'll ask if I can get my ditch-digging job back, or else maybe
I just need more sleep :-)

Thanks!

- Dave -