[antlr-interest] Lexical states and XQuery revisited

howardckatz <howardk at fatdog.com> howardk at fatdog.com
Tue Dec 17 10:10:05 PST 2002

Has anybody implemented anything at all complicated using lexical
states? I'm looking at the XQuery grammar, and it's heavily dependent
on the use of lexical states, as is XPath 2.0.

I tried implementing XQuery in antlr about a year ago and it was
beyond me because of this issue. I ended up going to JavaCC, which
handles lexical states quite easily. However I'd like to give antlr
another try if anybody has any good pointers for me.

Thanks,
Howard