[antlr-interest] Re: Exceptions in C# backend

micheal_jor <open.zone at virgin.net> open.zone at virgin.net
Tue Dec 17 12:56:58 PST 2002

Hi Steven,

> Micheal;
>
> We have tried every release available for download on the ANTLR
site (related to
> c#) before we sent out the original message.

Very odd. The 'calc' example is a tested example, but you are saying
it doesn't work on 2.7.2a2 and 2.7.2a4?. I should mention that the
NAnt build files aren't always reliable. Can you build the "antlr.net-
2.7.2a4.sln" solution?. It includes the most tested example - "java"

> What we did find is that 2.7.2a4 builds fine with nant but not VS.
so there may
> be some issues lurking in the various baselines.

OK. Now I know that your experiences are exceptional and very odd
indeed. Both ANTLR/C# versions 2.7.2a2 and 2.7.2a4 are tested with
VS.NET and Nant on .NET v1.0 Steven. We have built ANTLR/C# using the
actual files on the website.

I would suggest looking again at your VS.NET installation/environment
but, I don't really know what you should be looking out for. Have you
tried deleting the bin and obj sub-directories under the lib/csharp
directory and doing a full rebuild again.

> Unless someone else can see an obvious problem we will attempt to
dig into the
> issue using a different methodology but I wanted to cover as many
of the simple
> errors as possible before doing that.

Well, I've put down a to-do to re-check and update the NAnt files for
the supported examples for the 2.7.2a6 release too.

Micheal

PS    What kind of projects do you use ANTLR for?

PPS   What system produced the output messages included with your
forgot to ask in my reply  ;-)