[antlr-interest] Re: More VC++ 6 Confusion (MFC libs)

isabellemus meta.logix at pandora.be
Fri Jan 4 13:24:52 PST 2002

Hi,

Concerning stl in dll builds : in MSVC, template classes should
completely be defined in headers (i.e. everything inline). This is
what stl does.
So the actual template expansion will be done when someone (either
building the dll or trying to use it) includes the dll's headers. So
I don't think stl is the problem.
The 2.7.2a1 sources don't compile at all, though. I spent an hour
trying to figure out what's wrong, and failed. The preprocessor
output looks OK, the macros look OK, and MSVC complains about every
single class.

Isabelle

--- In antlr-interest at y..., Ric Klaren <klaren at c...> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Dec 31, 2001 at 11:52:04PM -0000, jsrs701 wrote:
> > > I have a different problem with using the dll : I cannot get
MSVC to
> > > generate an import library (don't have a .def file), and cannot
find
> > > any export declarations in the source.
> > >
> > > Isabelle
>
> > The import library issue is a messy one.  In one of the contrib
items
> > for building an ANTLR DLL, it mentions a replacement file
> > (config.hpp) that contains a macro called DLLEXPORT.
Unfortunately,
> > I can't find any trace of this file, nor the macro.  Hm.
>
> The DLL export stuff is already in antlr-2.7.2a1. It's only called
> ANTLR_API now (used a different patch than the one in contrib).
>
> > You probably don't want to do a .def file, though, since you'll
have
> > to deal with the messy C++ munged symbols.  Ugh.  Better to stick
> > with the dllimport and dllexport declspecs on the classes
themselves.

> > On second thought, anybody know where that config.hpp file got
off
> > to?  Ter, Ric?  It's the file Michael Richter mentions in his
README.

----
----