[antlr-interest] Re: ANTLR 2.7.2a2 released :)

Thomas Dudziak tomdz at cs.tu-berlin.de
Tue Jan 15 05:59:47 PST 2002

I run the test suite on my my heterogenous AST which uses Unicode (up to
now a slightly modified version of 2.7.1) and it ran without problems
after a little change to my parser (the instantiation of a
RecognitionException with position info now needs 4 instead of 3
BTW, i would really appreciate it if there would be a method in
LexerSharedInputState to set the current position (something like public
void setPosition(int line, int column) ) as I currently must subclass it
in order to modify its attributes.

As for the C++ version, I did a quick compile with MSVC6 (SP4) on Win2k
using the top-level workspace (not one from contrib) which required me to
change two things in the workspace:

* re-added all source/header files (some where missing which resulted in
* changed the output directory (it did put the generated dll into
c:\winnt\system32 which does not exist on my computer)

Other than that, it did compile without errors (only several warnings).
In order to try the dll, I then created a workspace for the examples and
added a project for tinyc. It compiled without errors, but when I ran it,
I got an access violation in

inline bool CharScannerLiteralsLess::operator() (const
ANTLR_USE_NAMESPACE(std)string& x,const ANTLR_USE_NAMESPACE(std)string& y)

where y references some in-accessible memory area. The call originates
from the initLiterals method in the generated lexer, more precisely the
first assignment. I did not yet check with the static library, but perhaps
there is some problem with Microsoft's STL version here.

Ciao, Tom


Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 

More information about the antlr-interest mailing list