[antlr-interest] ANTLR DLL with Visual C++

Thomas Dudziak tomdz at cs.tu-berlin.de
Wed Jan 16 11:21:14 PST 2002

I actually managed to compile the dll with STLPort (4.5) and Visual C++ -
it required only two changes: linking against the STLPort dll (release)
and undefining the symbol ANTLR_CXX_SUPPORTS_UNCAUGHT_EXCEPTION. STLPort
replaces the "std::" namespace, no mangling was necessary.

Of course, providing custom classes would mean reinventing the wheel
sometimes (vector, string etc.) which I personally try to avoid as much as
possible. Perhaps, requiring STLPort for the ANTLR DLL only would be
acceptable as the normal STL works well when using a static library ?

Ciao, Tom