[antlr-interest] Re: Bad Feature in 2.7.1: System.exit()

gidadoifiok gidadoifiok at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 17 10:46:13 PST 2002

--- In antlr-interest at y..., "Stdiobe" <stdiobe at e...> wrote:
> Gidado,
>
> > I'm using ANT, and well the 'antlr' tasks in ANT 1.4 is
> > broken (supposed to be fixed in 1.5), but that's now why
> > I'm writing.
>
> Out of curiosity: what exactly is broken about antlr taks in ANT?
> (I'm using antlr tak in ant 1.4.1 without any problems)

I did not find any way to set the classpath from within the antlr
task.  In my ANT classpath, I have 'antlr_2.7.1.jar' set.  Instead,
in the antlr task, you have to set the directory you want to start
the antlr task in.  This directory has to have have the expanded
directory stucture will all the class files accessible.  The reason
this occurs is because the classpath used for the run
'antlr.Tool.main()' is set to "." (presumably).   This would be
fine if I was working by myself, but it's not practical in a
multi-developer environment.

Reference:

http://www.mail-archive.com/ant-user%40jakarta.apache.org/msg11655.html

- Gidado