[antlr-interest] Re: Updated version of C# codegen 2.7.2a2 now on ANTLR site

Dare Obasanjo kpako at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 17 21:48:47 PDT 2002

--- Micheal J <open.zone at virgin.net> wrote:

> Thanks for the feedback report. I will look into
> this. I haven't tested the
> code generator's handling of C# preprocessing
> directives embedded in code
> blocks. I seem to remember off the top of my head
> that ANTLR itself uses the
> '#' character and that may be the source of the
> behavior you are seeing but,
> I'll have to verify that later.

Thanks for looking into it. I also had a problem with
lexer rules like

protected
STRING returns [String s]
    :   (.)+ { s=$getText; }
    ;

because it complained about s being an unitialized
variable. The following works however

protected
STRING returns [String s]{
s = null;
} :   (.)+ { s=$getText; }
    ;

=====
THINGS TO DO IF I BECOME AN EVIL OVERLORD #79
If my doomsday device happens to come with a reverse switch, as soon as it has been employed it will be melted down and made into limited-edition commemorative coins.