[antlr-interest] Interactive Editing with Antlr?

Brian Smith brian-l-smith at uiowa.edu
Sun Jul 21 21:41:52 PDT 2002

The NetBeans people have a "lexer" module that they are building.
Appartently it will be able to both ANTLR and JavaCC _lexers_, but it
doesn't use them for parsing, AFAIK. I think they also use XML language
descriptors like JEdit. There isn't much documentation You might ask
them about their approach on their mailing lists (NBDEV). They also have
a gateway newsgroup netbeans.nbdev on news.netbeans.org.

I actually hope to build a NetBeans module for a custom language I have
created. I have already done the lexer and parser in ANTLR. If and when
I do, I will let this list know.

- Brian