[antlr-interest] Interactive Editing with Antlr?

Torsten Juergeleit tjuergeleit at yahoo.de
Mon Jul 22 04:48:52 PDT 2002

Hi Bogdan,

> Another tricky point is that text being edited is
> not always "correct". For
> instance, when you start to type a string literal,
> you have something like
> "abc , which is probably not a valid token. The
> ANTLR lexer won't return any
> token, so you won't see anything until you type the
> closing quote. There is
> a workaround for this, but it's not trivial.

I have the same problem with the outline view in my
ANTLR grammar editor
(http://sourceforge.net/projects/antlreclipse/ ).
While a user is modifying the grammar code the
according outline is truncated.
Did you found a way to skip this "incomplete code"
while lexing/parsing?

> I have written a package for syntax highlighting
> using ANTLR lexers.

Which languages are supported?

> I can send you the package, if you think it
> might be useful to you.

I'm interested too ;-)

Cheers,
Torsten