[antlr-interest] PreservingFileWriter

Bogdan Mitu bogdan_mt at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 11 04:19:40 PDT 2002

--- Ric Klaren <klaren at cs.utwente.nl> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Jun 11, 2002 at 02:14:16AM -0700, Bogdan Mitu wrote:
> > The new PreservingFileWriter (java version) is not always deleting the
> > temporary files. I use WinXP, jdk1.3/1.4, ANTLR 2.7.2a1/a2. It seems
> that
> > the statement tmp_file.deleteOnExit(); is not enough. I added code to
> > explicitely delete tmp files at the end, and it's OK for me now:
>
> Ack this was also reported a little while back. It's already fixed in the
> repository (probably also in a after 2.7.2a2 snapshot on my antlr page).

One question: isn't this feature slowing down things? I understand your
point in avoiding recompilation, but this can be accomplished in other ways
too (<shameless-advertisement> for instance, using my new Ant task
</shameless-advertisement>). Can you please consider making this feature
optional (through a command-line parameter)?

Thanks,
Bogdan