[antlr-interest] Bug in column information in lexer?

Silvain Piree s.piree at enneya.com
Wed Jun 19 06:28:14 PDT 2002

Hi,

I'm using a lexer to implement a preprocessor where line and
column information needs to be tracked.

I've encountered a problem where column information is incorrect.

I analyzed the problem and traced it back to method "rewind"
in class CharScanner:

    public void rewind(int pos) {
        inputState.input.rewind(pos);
        setColumn(inputState.tokenStartColumn);
    }

Each time the lexer calls rewind, the column is set to an incorrect
value. Without the setColumn() call everything works fine.

Anybody know what this method does and why it changes
column information?

Silvain