[antlr-interest] Please help: ANTLR and XTAL (re-post)

tdknghi khuenghi at excite.com
Sun Jun 30 23:15:05 PDT 2002

Hi all,

I'm currently having a problem in running one of the examples
provided in antlr - the "java" example.

The "java" example is running smoothly without any error when we just
install the antlr, however, once we put the XTAL1.1 into the machine,
the "java" example won't work anymore. It keeps displaying the error
messages <see below> when we try to compile the "java" example. We
are sure the XTAL itself is working as we can run those examples in
XTAL without any errors. We also have no problems in running other
examples in antlr.

Does anyone have the same problem as me or does anyone know how to
solve the problem? Thanks in advance.

<error message when compile the "java" example>

G:\>cd G:\trial code\antlr-2.6.0\examples\java

G:\trial code\antlr-2.6.0\examples\java>java antlr.Tool java.tree.g
ANTLR Parser Generator   Version 2.6.0   1989-1999 MageLang Institute
panic: Error reading importVocab file 'JavaTokenTypes.txt'

G:\trial code\antlr-2.6.0\examples\java>java antlr.Tool java.g
ANTLR Parser Generator   Version 2.6.0   1989-1999 MageLang Institute

G:\trial code\antlr-2.6.0\examples\java>java antlr.Tool java.tree.g
ANTLR Parser Generator   Version 2.6.0   1989-1999 MageLang Institute

G:\trial code\antlr-2.6.0\examples\java>javac *.java
JavaRecognizer.java:1600: incompatible types
found   : antlr.collections.AST
required: xtal.base.XMLBase
                       returnTypeBrackersOnEndOfMethodHead_AST = typ;
                                                                 ^
JavaRecognizer.java:1723: incompatible types
found   : antlr.collections.AST
required: xtal.base.XMLBase
                       declaratorBrackets_AST=typ;
                                              ^
JavaRecognizer.java:2084: incompatible types
found   : antlr.collections.AST
required: xtal.base.XMLBase
                       parameterDeclaratorBrackets_AST = t;
                                                         ^
Main.java:84: cannot access ASTFactory
bad class file: G:\trial code\xtal1.1\ASTFactory.class
class file contains wrong class: antlr.ASTFactory
Please remove or make sure it appears in the correct subdirectory of
the classpa
th.
                       ASTFactory factory = new ASTFactory();
                       ^