[antlr-interest] Java source to C/C++ source translator

tmather tjmather at tjmather.com
Sat May 4 10:59:28 PDT 2002

I'm interested in writing a Java to C++ or C source code translator
using ANTLR.  I was wondering if anybody has done this or would
be interested in this project.

This could be done using the Java 1.3 and tree grammer to parse the
Java source code, then using the parse tree to output C++ and/or C.
To convert from using the Java libraries we could use the C++ STLport
library.

I'd like to use this to create a C++ or C version of the Apache POI
libraries.  POI is an open source library to access OLE/Excel/MSWord
files, and is written in Java.

Thanks,
TJ