[antlr-interest] vocabulary (token) import and export

jsrs701 jsrs701 at yahoo.com
Wed May 22 16:28:21 PDT 2002

Hi gang,

I am confused.  I recently decided to bust up my mammoth .g file into
three different files, one each for lexer, parser, and tree walker.

Well, I'm running into vocab hell from this.

What I want to do is have the lexer define some tokens that it uses
and exports.

Then I want to have the parser define some tokens that IT uses and
exports.

Then I want the tree walker to use all of those.

Unfortunately, it looks like by the time the parser is compiled, it
has only exported the tokens that it uses, and left out all the
tokens that only the lexer uses.  This is unfortunate, since then all
the C++ files are compiled, and the Lexer.cpp file can't find a bunch
of symbols that it needs!

Ack!

So anyone else have this problem?  What's the solution?  By the way,
take it as a given that I cannot compile the C++ files right after
compiling the .g file.

Thanks,
JSRS