[antlr-interest] ANTLR and ANT

Bogdan Mitu bogdan_mt at yahoo.com
Tue May 28 00:03:01 PDT 2002

Hi all,

I wonder if there are people using ANT to build ANTLR files. The existing
task form the optional distribution of ANT has some flaws, when it comes to
determine if the target grammar needs to be recompiled or not. Most
annoying, it is not able to see that imported vocabularies have changed, and
doesn't recompile the grammar.

I wrote a new ANTLR task, which uses a parser to analyze all dependencies,
and sent it to ant-dev. However, the process of review/adoption is very
slow, ANTLR not being their top priority. If someone is interested, I can
post the patch.

Regards,
Bogdan