[antlr-interest] ANTLR and ANT

Silvain Piree s.piree at enneya.com
Tue May 28 00:45:43 PDT 2002

Bogdan,

> I wrote a new ANTLR task, which uses a parser to analyze all
> dependencies, and sent it to ant-dev. However, the process of
> review/adoption is very slow, ANTLR not being their top priority.
> If someone is interested, I can post the patch.

I've also made some small changes to the ANTLR task from ANT:
I've added the ability to specify the location of base grammars
from which to inherit using "glib=...", "glib2=...", etc.

I've also added some checking to see if the base grammars are
more recent than the grammar to be processed, so ANTLR
is only activated when really needed. Works fine for me.

In what way do your changes of the ANTLR task solve that problem.
Most noteably, how do you know where the base grammars are
located? In my case they are in several different directories.

Kind greetings, Silvain