[antlr-interest] ANTLR & Testing: Experiences and Practices?

micheal_jor open.zone at virgin.net
Wed Nov 6 08:44:39 PST 2002

Hi,

I'm trying to think (and hack) my way to a coherent *automatic*
testing regime/harness for ANTLR-generated parsers and the C# codegen
(separately of course). We have parsers in all the languages
supported by ANTLR - C++, C# and Java.

If you have found a testing solution that works for you - perhaps
using xUnit and/or Bogdan Mitu's tester.zip - I'll be grateful for a
description of the solution and perhaps a sample that demonstrates
how you make it all work for you.

Thanks,

Micheal

PS    What other tools/techniques have you found that make working
with ANTLR (and parser generators or compiler development in general)
more fun/efficient/productive?