[antlr-interest] C++ unicode example

Ric Klaren klaren at cs.utwente.nl
Tue Nov 19 08:03:45 PST 2002

Hi,

On Tue, Nov 19, 2002 at 04:28:45PM +0100, Hrvoje Nezic wrote:
> I tried the unicode example for C++, using Visual C++ 6.0 .

Did you notice the NOT_WORKING file in the directory ;)

C++ mode does not support unicode. An enormous amount of tweaking and work
is needed to fix it generically. There is one patch in the archives that
will fix it somewhat. Also in the archives is a longish thread about
unicode and C++ mode.

In short I don't have the time to make it work. Basically it could be a
antlr 3 item. Since it will be a pain to make in the current version
(probably different codegenerator (or submode for it) needed and a
thoroughly hacked support library).

Cheers,

Ric