[antlr-interest] RE: Does tree parser have to export its own token types?

Terence Parr parrt at jguru.com
Wed Nov 20 12:01:55 PST 2002

On Wednesday, November 20, 2002, at 04:54  AM, Anakreon Mejdi wrote:

> Something should exist if it is useful not if it doesn't hurt.
> I have a question related with tokens too.

At the time you build your grammar you don't know if it will be useful.
  If you want a parser to derive from that one, you will need it, right?
  Better to generate unnecessary than adding a switch, wouldn't you say?

Ter
--
Co-founder, http://www.jguru.com
Lecturer in Comp. Sci., University of San Francisco