[antlr-interest] Re: ANTLR 2.7.3

Terence Parr parrt at jguru.com
Thu Oct 10 12:56:34 PDT 2002

On Thursday, October 10, 2002, at 12:47  PM, mrosgood wrote:

> Terence Parr-
>

> You wrote:
>
>> I have AST to tree diagram and grammar to syntax diagram
>> generators almost complete and in antlr.util.*.  I
>> generate Lout output...
>
> Love it!  That sample output you attached is great.
>
> Personally, I like the idea of Lout quite a bit; it's simple and
> non-psychotic.  I'm glad you didn't drink the Kool-Aid (e.g. XML, SVG,
> TeX, HTML/CSS, etc.).

Ewwww!  Yeah, Lout is great though I just learned it personally.

You should see my TML (Ter's Markup Language or Text Markup Language).
It's like Wiki except better in my opinion.  I'll give that out soon
too.  It's amazing cool and flexible.  [ANTLR doc will move to it
soon].  You can define any output generator your want.  Right now I
have HTML and Lout.  Everything is really a plugin like emacs so when I
say:

Try this %tree("(A B C)") diagram.

It looks for tree.class in the classpath and then passes the arg.  The
output is considered an include...i fork a TMLLexer to handle the
output inline, which is this case would be lout output and hence go
straight to the target file.  I am doing all of my course notes in TML.
  It's highly groovy.

Ter
--
Co-founder, http://www.jguru.com
Lecturer in Comp. Sci., University of San Francisco