[antlr-interest] trace as an grammar and rule option

Ric Klaren klaren at cs.utwente.nl
Wed Sep 18 01:59:19 PDT 2002

Hi,

On Tue, Sep 17, 2002 at 09:08:29PM -0000, richardhensley99 wrote:
> I was wondering if anybody has ever thought about a trace option at
> the grammar and at the rule level?

I'm not sure I completely understand the rule level trace. I kindoff got a
hunch that you want to do something similar to parts of the parseView
hooks (look at the code generated with -debug)

Dunno, my first reaction is something like why not put a few println's in
the rule to see what happens? Done in a few minutes, nothing fancy always
works :) Of course it can very much be that I misunderstood what you want
to do exactly....

Cheers,

Ric
    ---- Ric Klaren ----- klaren at cs.utwente.nl ----- +31 53 4893722  ----
 Why don't we just invite them to dinner and massacre them all when they're
  drunk? You heard the man. There's seven hundred thousand of them. Ah? ..
           So it'd have to be something simple with pasta, then.
                 From: Interesting Times by Terry Pratchet