[antlr-interest] ANTLR build and package layout

Matt Benson gudnabrsam at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 19 11:52:41 PDT 2002

I don't have to tell you that you do make a strong
argument for why humans should not have to understand
XML, hence your antipathy toward Ant.  However, the
longer Ant remains a dominant force in the Java
community the more sophisticated the interfaces will
become for creating build files via GUIs rather than
by hand.  Perhaps this will appease you somewhat.
Perhaps a compromise could be reached by providing a
link to an Ant build file, accompanied by a link to
your article, on the ANTLR site, but not in the main
distribution?  ;)

-Matt

http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/library/x-sbxml.html