[antlr-interest] Installing Antlr plugin with Eclipse

M.A.Bell mabell at wi.rr.com
Fri Apr 11 20:32:05 PDT 2003

Well, I followed the instructions (thanks for the link by the way):
1. Downloaded org.antlr.eclipse.core_0.1.4.zip,
org.antlr.eclipse.ui_0.1.4.zip and org.antlr_2.7.2_03.zip
2. Unzipped all 3 to <eclipse install directory>\plugins
3. Added *.g to Window|Preferences|Java|Compiler|Build Path|Filtered
Resources
4. Created a new project with Project Contents pointing to a directory
with some *.g files in it
5. Right clicked on the project node in the Navigator pane and clicked
on Toggle ANTLR project nature
Voila! When I select a *.g file in the navigator I see syntax
highlighted source in the edit pane and see many errors (as expected)
in the tasks pane.
I think I may like this tool.
biz_morland wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Does there exist anywhere on the Net a step-by-step guide on how to
>install the Antlr plugin within Eclipse? So far the most detailed
>document I've found is at http://antlreclipse.sourceforge.net/, which
>unfortunately leaves a lot unanswered for a newbie. I'm not even sure
>if this document is valid for the newest versions of Eclipse.
>
>Or maybe there's a document somewhere on how to install plugins in
>general, and from there I can get the Antlr plugin up and running?
>
>Many thanks
>
>- Greg

Michael Bell
<mailto:mabell at wi.rr..com>