[antlr-interest] Does ANTLR have grammar reflection ?

Terence Parr parrt at jguru.com
Mon Apr 28 10:02:04 PDT 2003

On Monday, April 28, 2003, at 07:59  AM, aaanwar wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> This is a continuation for my queries into using ANTLY for code
> genration.
>
> Can I reason about the grammar ANTLR has read in ... much like
> reflection allows me to resaon or inspect methods, classes etc ?

No currently :(

> Would such a functionality be useful ?

Eventually we'll have an interpreted version where that info will be
available...it would be useful for generating good error messages that
indicate the set of tokens that would be allowed etc...

Ter

--
Co-founder, http://www.jguru.com
Co-founder, http://www.peerscope.com link sharing, pure-n-simple