[antlr-interest] Re: Lookahead and wildcards (was: ANTLR Masquerading as SED)

Oliver Zeigermann oliver at zeigermann.de
Tue Apr 29 08:13:02 PDT 2003

OK, so I got that wrong... Just wondering, has it always been like
this or has it changed in the evolution of ANTLR?

Thanks anyway for taking the time to explain. I know this way of
asking makes me look dump, but is the best way to learn.

Oliver

--- In antlr-interest at yahoogroups.com, Terence Parr <parrt at j...>
wrote:
> Hi.  k is a "do not exceed" value not a fixed value.  I must
modulate k
> in the grammar to make it smaller and faster.  k=1 is sufficient
for
> just about every decision, with k>1 needed in a few places.
Examine