[antlr-interest] suggested ANTLR projects?

Terence Parr parrt at cs.usfca.edu
Mon Aug 11 12:07:36 PDT 2003

On Monday, August 11, 2003, at 12:07 PM, boulange at hds.utc.fr wrote:

> Selon Terence Parr <parrt at cs.usfca.edu>:
>
>> Also, I'm going to see if I can get students to build grammars.  Can
>> people suggest grammars they want built?  They might have to describe
>> it to the students. ;)
>>

> Another way it's that yours students contributes at some project. I
> can, for
> example, purpose that somes students write some treewalker:
>  1. a code generator (from B to JAVA),
>  2. a code generator (from B to C),
>  3. a Proof Obligation Genarator;
> for my project ABTools.
>
> In this case, I can give initial grammar for the B language and the
> specification of tree transformation.

That is true.  I can make a list of these projects and grammars and see
which the students pick to work on.  I'm afraid building grammars and
such won't be very interesting to the students. :(

Terence
Co-founder, http://www.jguru.com
Co-founder, http://www.knowspam.net enjoy email again!
Co-founder, http://www.peerscope.com pure link sharing