[antlr-interest] Petition to Terence Parr! WAS: Re: antlr 3 - make parser event driven ?

Kristian Kvilekval kris at cs.ucsb.edu
Sun Aug 31 12:57:33 PDT 2003

On Fri, 2003-08-29 at 13:22, John D. Mitchell wrote:
> [...]
>
> > I've been anxiously been awaiting subversion, but I cannot risk our code
> > to something that hasn't had much testing (which is a chicken&egg
> > problem).  I did speak with someone who has been using it for a while and
> > they haven't had any problems.
>
> While subversion may eventually get to the point where it's safe to use for
> production, I'm not holding my breath for it.
>
> The open-source SCM system that I'm most interested in is OpenCM.org.  It's
> being headed up by Jonathan Shapiro of the EROS capability-based operating
> system fame.  Alas, development is moving slowly given their workload.
>
> > We currently use CVS and it hasn't let me down yet.  But, having a free
> > version control system with intelligent, atomic merging would be a big
> > step forward!
>
> FWIW, Perforce makes their server available for free to anyone.  The only
> limitation being that it will only support two users and two clients.
> I used that for years for my own, personal development work at home.

Speaking of revision control, the up-and-comming top contender to
replace CVS is Tom Lord's arch version control.  Both MICO (free corba
implementation) and Xouvert (X fork) are using it as well as lots of
smaller projects.  It is worth checking out:

     http://gnuarch.org/bin/view

--
Kristian G. Kvilekval
email:kris at cs.ucsb.edu office:(805)893-4276 http://www.cs.ucsb.edu/~kris