[antlr-interest] Re: Bug in the C# runtime with case- insensitive literals

micheal_jor open.zone at virgin.net
Tue Dec 2 17:36:48 PST 2003

--- In antlr-interest at yahoogroups.com, "element5332000"
<element5332000 at y...> wrote:
> > What happens when you try to use your grammar?. Do you get
> > lexing/parsing errors?. Can you forward me a copy of the
> > grammar/project?
>
> The error I get when parsing is this:
>
>   expecting "select", found 'Select'
>
> You can download a copy of my sample grammar file and C# project
> here:
>
> http://home.comcast.net/~stevenpadfield/antlrtest.zip

I just had a quick look at the generated source for the lexer in your
project. It seems to have been generated by a pre-SP1 version of
ANTLR/C# 2.7.2.

In the method initialize(), the SP1 version generates code to create
the literals table with a line like:

literals = new Hashtable(CaseInsensitiveHashCodeProvider.Default,
CaseInsensitiveComparer.Default);

This is not the case with your project. Did you have some problem with
building ANTLR/C# (after you applied SP1)?. ANTLR 2.7.2 has it's own
build tool. Please see the installation docs supplied with ANTLR for
info about the build tool. The C# runtime library will then need to be
built separately.

Cheers,

Micheal
ANTLR/C#