[antlr-interest] Help with building ANTLR on VC6

Kelvin Goh kelvin7600 at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 7 18:05:41 PST 2003

Hi all

I am new to ANTLR and am currently trying to get it to compile on VC6. I am following Peter Morling's tutorial at http://www.imada.sdu.dk/~morling/issue1.htm

I am using the latest version of ANTLR, 2.7.2. The dsw and dsp files in D:\antlr-2.7.2\lib\cpp that comes with the zip file appears to be outdated, as they referenced non existant source files, so I created my own, following the first 5 steps of the tutorial.

When I tried to build the ANTLR static library at step 6, I got numerous warnings, plus the following 4 errors :

lib\cpp\src\treeparser.cpp(39) : error C2491: 'TreeParser::ASTNULL' : definition of dllimport static data member not allowed
lib\cpp\src\baseast.cpp(312) : error C2201: 'nullASTptr' : must have external linkage in order to be exported/imported
lib\cpp\src\token.cpp(18) : error C2720: 'badToken' : '__declspec(dllimport ) ' storage-class specifier illegal on members
lib\cpp\src\token.cpp(18) : error C2491: 'Token::badToken' : definition of dllimport static data member not allowed

Has anyone else encountered this problem? Some help will be greating appreciated :)