[antlr-interest] Re: feature request: Token.getOffset()

cj_daly cj_daly at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 8 23:08:48 PST 2003

Well, maybe not as bothersome as I thought.... :-)

I was going to say that I can't get to the token info for exceptions
that have a token associated with them (like MismatchedTokenException
and NoViableAltException), but now I see that Token is a public
instance variable in both cases so I *can* get to it.  I was looking
for something like getText() or getToken() and not seeing it, but the
public instance vars will work for me.

Now I would be a little happier if RecognitionException had a
getLength() or getText() to go along with getLine() and getColumn(),
but I can get what I need here by using instanceof and casting to the
specific exception type.

Chris