[antlr-interest] ANTLR FOR PARSING JSP PAGES

t_msreddy at yahoo.com t_msreddy at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 17 08:51:43 PST 2003

Hello guys!
I dont know the head and tail of ANTLR. But i came to know that we
can write custom parsers using antlr.

At my work, we are internationalizing our project. This involves
1000s of JSP pages which have static text as well as dynamic content.
In the process of internationalization, we would like to move all
the static and dynamic content to resource bundles (resouce bundle
is a .properties file with key-value pairs. eg. the file name can be
product1_en_US.properties or product1_ja_JP.properties the key-value
pair example can be product.name=bose  or page.title=product page or
something like that)

As a developer i would like to automate this process  so that if we
provide any jsp page it will generate name_en_US.properties file with
key-value pairs as specified above.

I see two issues here ,  give a jsp page  it has to determine what
is the content and what is tag or meta-information (<HTML> <A
href= ..) and secondly it has to generate key so that it makes sense
as for that value as described above.

If you can throw light on how I can use antlr so develop such a
parser, that would be a great boost for me.

I appreciate your help.

Thank you
regards
Madhu Tera