[antlr-interest] ANTLR cpp-generated example crashes on Cygwin

darioglzl darioglzl at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 18 09:28:15 PST 2003

Hi all,

Sorry if you get this message twice (anyway I've added some comments
that missed in the first one).

I've started to use antlr on WinXP/Cygwin, and successfully followed
the Ashish's working recipe (very good BTW). The main antlr program
works ok generating the java lexer/parser of the Terrence's example
(http://www.antlr.org/article/firstgr/index.html).

Since I need to use the cpp option, I followed another of the
getting-started examples
(http://www.merrells.com/john/blog/archives/000100.html) to see if
everithing was set ok. The build-process works fine
(cppp/hpp files are generated, compiled, and linked against
libantlr.a), but the program crashes with segm-fault when typing a
line that matches an expresion defined in the *.g file (If I typed a
non-matching expression an error is displayed that looks like
normal, but the segm-fault is still present).

As a comment, I'm initializing the ASTFactory (there's a similar
problem in the group that was solved by inserting such initialization
in the main program:

Also, I've updated to the most recent version of Cygwin.

Any help will be appreciated.